GrimoireLab is a platform for making it easy to apply analytics on data related to software development. It provides components for:
- Automatic and incremental data retrieval from software development support systems (data sources). Those include source code management, issue tracking, communication, testing, code review systems, among others.
- Automatic organization and enrichment of retrieved data, so that it can be analyzed more easily.
- Management of different identities for the same person, and other data related to persons, such as affiliation to companies.
- Visualization of the data in actionable dashboards.
- Production of reports about specific aspects of software development processes.
Most of the components in GrimoireLab are written in Python, and provide Python APIs and standalone programs.