Producing Kibana dashboards with GrimoireELK
GrimoireELK is an interim system oriented to produce Kibana-based dashboards with Perceval and friends. It provides a Python module (
grimoire_elk) with facilities for driving Perceval, enriching data, and uploading / downloading it to / from ElasticSearch. It includes as well some scripts (mainly
kidash.py) to retrieve data from repositories related to software development, and produce everything needed to have a nice Kibana-based dashboard for it.
- drives Perceval to retrieve data from repositories,
- uploads the resulting data as raw indexes (collections of JSON documents) to ElasticSearch
- enrichs those raw indexes (produce new data with fields suitable to be used by Kibana dashboards)
- uploads that resulting data as enriched indexes to ElasticSearch
- uploads dashboard definitions (including visualizations, searches and everything needed by them) to produce a Kibana dashboard
In this chapter we will explore how to use these tools to produce complete Kibana-based dashboards. Before following to the rest of the chapter, ensure that the GrimoireELK Python module is installed (see Installing GrimoireLab).